Comment on page
Best practices and rules regarding engagement in the SpiritDAO Community
We as community members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in the SpiritDAO a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation. We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, effective, and healthy community for ourselves, each other, and the planet.
Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:
- Assuming good intentions and demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people.
- Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences.
- Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback.
- Proactively taking responsibility.
- Communicating if we might fail to uphold responsibility, working to avoid or repair negative consequences on others, adequately apologizing to the affected parties, and learning from the experience.
- Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals but for the overall community.
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- Selling or renting votes.
- Note that this does not include formal vote delegation, which may be a feature leveraged by the SpiritDAO community as we expand.
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal attacks.
- Public or private harassment, including stalking or repeated unwanted contact, non-consensual sexual attention, sexualized language or imagery, or advances of any kind.
- Misleading or passive-aggressive comments.
- Publishing others' private information, including Personal Identifiable Information (PII) such as a physical address or email address, without their explicit permission.
- Hate speech, such as promoting violence or hatred against people based on characteristics like race, ethnicity, national origin, caste, disability, disease, age, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity.
- Doing any unlawful purpose or in furtherance of illegal activities.
- Spam (unsolicited off-topic messages, primarily commercial in nature).
- Inciting or threatening violence, encouraging, glorify or inciting violence against anyone relating to extremism, terrorism, or human trafficking, directly or indirectly, or encouraging others to hurt themselves.
- Propose or make any payments or behave directly or indirectly in a way that violates applicable anti-corruption laws.
- Repeatedly yelling (e.g., ALL CAPS or excessive exclamation points!!!!!!!!).
- Discussing the price of a token or asset or giving any type of financial advice.
Community Members will follow the guidelines listed below in determining the consequences for any action they deem in violation of the Code of Conduct:
- 1.Correction Community Impact: A single use of inappropriate language or other behavior deemed unwelcome in the community.
- 1.Consequence: Deletion or removal of the post in question, in addition to communicating which rule was violated and how to avoid such violations in the future. If the action was in person, directly communicate with that individual to identify which rule was violated and how to avoid such violations.
- 2.Warning Community Impact: A violation through a single incident or series of actions.
- 1.Consequence: A warning with consequences for continued inappropriate behavior. No interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, for a specified period of time. This includes avoiding interactions in community spaces as well as external channels like Telegram, Discord, Reddit, Community Forum, etc. Violating these terms may lead to a temporary or permanent ban.
- 3.Temporary Ban Community Impact: A severe violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior.
- 1.Consequence: A temporary ban from any interaction or public communication with the Community for a specified period. No public or private interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, is allowed during this period. Violating these terms may lead to a permanent ban.
- 4.Permanent Ban Community Impact: Demonstrating a pattern of violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior, harassment of an individual, or aggression toward or disparagement of classes of individuals. Vote-selling or vote-renting classifies for a permanent ban.
- 1.Consequence: Permanent removal from any interaction or public communication with the Community for a specified period. If an individual has alternate accounts, those may be removed as well. No public or private interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, is allowed.
Every community member has a duty to promote the use of the Community Guidelines, call to attention members of the community who come close to or violate the Guidelines (as long as this doesn’t put their personal safety in jeopardy), and inform platform admins of violations. Ultimate responsibility for enforcing the Community Guidelines in each platform rests with the platform admins of each platform.
To report a violation of the Community Guidelines, members can: